A lot of us think about having that beautiful, photo-worthy smile, just like our favorite celebrities. Thanks to modern advancements in the field of dental care, doing so has never been simpler.
However, it’s one thing to dream of having beautiful teeth; it’s another to make the commitment. Receiving cosmetic and restorative treatments can be both time-consuming and costly. So, before you decide on anything, book a consultation with a dentist in Blackfalds first.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that is mainly concerned with improving the appearance of your entire smile. Receiving porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, be it in-office or at-home whitening, dental crowns, and dental bonding are just a few examples of popular aesthetic treatments.
This type of dental work can not only provide you with a smile that you can be proud of, but it can also boost your self-confidence. You won’t need to worry about feeling embarrassed when you eat, laugh, or talk anymore.
If you’re interested in cosmetic dentistry near Red Deer, contact our local dental practice. Our staff will work with you to identify the best course of action for your unique dental case.
Reasons to Receive Cosmetic Dentistry
The are several advantageous reasons why your dentist may suggest receiving aesthetic-based dental treatments, including the following:
- It reduces tooth sensitivity. Things like veneers and bonding don’t just make your teeth look better, but they also help protect your teeth from sensitivity and pain.
- It corrects damage. This can include teeth that are cracked, chipped, discolored, irregularly shaped, or weakened.
- It corrects your bite. You won’t have to adjust your diet anymore. Your teeth will be strengthened and will be able to endure eating sticky, crunchy foods.
- It lasts!
- It’ll help you make a great first impression. Studies have shown that in many instances, people are drawn to a bright and beautiful smile.
For more information about this, speak to a dentist near Red Deer today. They’ll be able to address any concerns or questions that you may have along the way.
Questions to Ask Before Receiving Treatment
Your cosmetic dental journey will begin with your dentist conducting an in-depth examination and taking x-rays of your mouth. These steps allow them to determine the current state of your oral health and the degree of care you require to things back to normal.
It’s important that you take the time to ask questions about your health so you can gather accurate information and make the best decision you can. Additionally, you may want to ask yourself a few questions too, to make sense of what you truly want and if you’re ready to have a brand-new smile, such as:
- What do I dislike about my teeth?
- Am I concerned with my gums and how much they show when I smile?
- Do I want a “Hollywood” smile like someone else or do I want to just be a better me?
- Am I willing to put in the time and effort needed?
- Am I willing to prioritize my oral health?
- Do I have insurance that can cover such a treatment?
- What does my dentist recommend?
It’s important to keep in mind that whatever process you undergo isn’t permanent. If you take care to brush and floss your teeth after meals, don’t smoke, attend routine dental cleanings and checkups, and follow any advice provided by your dentist, your treatment can last up to several years. After a certain period, however, things like veneers and dental crowns may need to be replaced.
Are you looking to receive convenient and reliable cosmetic dentistry in Blackfalds? At Alpen Dental, we’re here to help you however we can. Give us a call or visit our website to schedule an appointment and get things rolling today! We look forward to collaborating with you soon!