CEREC Dentistry in Red Deer Area
Are you looking for a dentist to help you repair a damaged or decayed tooth? Whether you were in an accident, are experiencing a dental emergency or dealing with tooth decay from poor oral health, cracked or chipped teeth can cause pain and become a serious problem. In the past, a damaged tooth would most likely mean the need for a dental bridge or a crown — but today, dental technology allows us to address the issue a little easier. With computer-aided dental restoration technology, your dental repair procedures have become smoother and more efficient.
At Alpen Dental, our team of family dentists in Red Deer is here for your whole family’s oral health and dental needs — including CEREC dentistry. Here’s everything you need to know about CEREC restoration procedures before you book your appointment.
What Are CEREC Dentistry Restorations?
A Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics (CEREC) is a computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technique for ceramic reconstruction. Developed at the University of Zurich in Germany in the 1980s, this dental procedure now serves as a treatment replacement for traditional dental bridges and crowns. Using CAD/CAM technology, the procedure efficiently takes an impression of your mouth and generates a filling in one visit.
The CEREC system for your procedure consists of these three parts:
- A camera or acquisition unit to take digital impressions of your mouth and teeth
- CEREC software to turn your tooth impression into a virtual 3D model
- A milling machine to carve your completed restoration design out of a ceramic block and get it ready for installation
To create and install your tooth restoration filling and solve your damaged tooth problem in one visit, your Alpen Dental dentist will perform the following steps:
- Your dentist will use an intraoral camera to photograph your damaged teeth and bite situation.
- Using the photo from your mouth, your dentist works with the CEREC software to construct a tooth restoration digital model and sends it electronically to the milling machine.
- The milling machine takes six to 15 minutes to carve your restoration filling out of colour-matching ceramic block material.
- Your dentist polishes, paints and glazes your new tooth piece, then cements or adheres it in your mouth to fix your damaged tooth.
Benefits of CEREC Dentistry
Wondering why you should opt for CEREC dentistry? It has a variety of benefits, including:
- An efficient, single-appointment fix for your damaged tooth in an hour or less
- A reduced number of gum injections for the procedure
- Ceramic material that closely matches your healthy teeth’s natural colour and composition
- Advanced software that customizes the solution for your dental needs
- Longer-lasting results, according to the International Journal of Prosthodontics — with an 88.7 success rate after 17 years
Find Helpful CEREC Dentistry Professionals in the Red Deer Area
Our dentists are attentive and dedicated to a high standard of care, and they are specifically trained to operate our CEREC system for your tooth restoration. At Alpen Dental, your needs are our priority. Contact us at 1-403-885-8422 for an appointment in Blackfalds or 1-403-843-2173 for an appointment in Rimbey today.