Top Reasons to Try Invisalign®
Looking for a straighter smile? Thanks to modern technology, you have more options than ever before. Invisalign® aligners can straighten your teeth without the use of metal braces. Could they work as a better option than metal braces for your needs? Learn more about Invisalign® clear braces and their benefits.
What Is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® treatment involves clear plastic trays created using advanced 3D printing. These aligners slowly change the alignment of your teeth over time. Your dentist will use a special scanner to copy the shape of your mouth. Then, they will use software to plan out the different aligners you will wear throughout treatment.
During your treatment, you will receive aligners that gradually adjust the position of your teeth, guiding them toward your overall goal. You change out the trays every week or two and go to follow-up appointments every six weeks. After Invisalign® treatment, you need to wear a retainer to keep your teeth’s shape.
Benefits of Invisalign®
When you straighten your teeth using Invisalign® clear braces, you can enjoy benefits like:
- Discreet appearance: Many people use Invisalign® for adult orthodontic treatment because other people can’t tell you’re wearing them. It does not involve the metal pieces and wires associated with traditional braces.
- Improved oral health: By adjusting your teeth, Invisalign® aligners eliminate the dental health problems associated with misaligned teeth. They reduce teeth crowding and create a more comfortable bite. You get enough room to take proper care of your teeth and gums.
- Comfort: Metal braces can irritate the mouth tissue, causing sores and discomfort. The smooth plastic in Invisalign® doesn’t rub at your mouth or gums like metal braces do. You may feel slight discomfort when you switch to a new tray, but it is similar to what you might experience when you get braces tightened.
- Convenience: Invisalign® braces go in and out of your mouth easily. You can take them out any time you want as long as you wear them around 20 to 22 hours every day. Feel free to brush, floss and eat normally by taking your aligners off temporarily.
- Time: It takes about a year to a year and a half to complete your Invisalign® treatment. For comparison, metal braces can require up to five years.
What to Consider Before Choosing Invisalign® Treatment
Like any other dental treatment, Invisalign® works better in certain situations over others. Talk to your dentist if you have:
- A complex alignment issue: Invisalign® works effectively to solve general misalignment issues. However, you may need another option for moving teeth vertically or rotating them.
- Trouble maintaining habits: If you lose things easily or often forget to wear your Invisalign® braces, you may want an option you don’t need to keep track of.
- A tight budget: Invisalign® costs about as much as higher-end braces, but it’s possible you could save money with certain payment options.