You might be surprised how far orthodontics have come in the past few years. There are a number of different methods available to best suit the needs of our patients and help them achieve a dazzling, healthy smile.
There have been many advances in the way we straighten our teeth over the past few years. Traditional wire and bracket braces are available as well, and can be a great option for many people. Utilizing the Invisalign or 6 Month system of orthodontics, we are excited to help anyone who had not previously considered braces for themselves or their children.
The Invisalign® System
Invisalign positions teeth using clear plastic trays known as aligners. Crafted from a computer scan of your smile, the aligners are worn directly over your teeth. Every couple of weeks, you will be fitted with a new set of aligners to gradually and gently move your teeth in to place. All of this is done without metal or wires, and we don’t have to bond anything on to your teeth.
As well as being nearly invisible, Invisalign aligners are removable. You take them out before you eat and before you brush and floss your teeth. This means that you can eat whatever you like and keep up you oral hygiene routine without interference.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Most people will not even notice you are wearing the aligners, they are almost invisible.
- You can eat your favorite foods without worrying about damaging your braces.
- You can play your favorite sports without worrying about damaging your braces, just remove the aligners before you begin.
- Invisalign aligners are comfortable to wear and they don’t interfere with every day life.
- Can be combined with whitening treatment and two things can be accomplished at once.
Is Invisalign Right For You?
Invisalign is a great system, but it is not ideal for everyone. An appointment with our team will determine if Invisalign will work for you.
6 Month Braces
Regular braces need two years or longer to effectively adjust your teeth.
Benefits of 6-Month Braces
- These braces are comfortable to wear. Even though the teeth are moved quickly, the braces use a steady and gentle force.
- All front facing braces are made with a clear material and have a low profile.
- It is possible to attach the braces behind the teeth (lingual braces,) hiding them from sight.
Are 6 Month Braces For You?
Although they are a fantastic option for straightening teeth, 6 Month braces aren’t for everyone. An appointment with an orthodontist can tell you if you are a candidate for 6-month braces.
Straight Teeth At Any Age
Though orthodontics are largely associated with the teenage years, the fastest growing demographic of orthodontic patients is among adults. Come to Alpen Dental, we can discuss the options that will work for you.